It’s day three of Blogger Listmas 2013! Every day from now through Christmas, I will be posting at least one list on a topic of my choosing. Most of them will be about games, but (possibly) not all of them. Hope you enjoy! For more on this, you can have a look at this roundup of all the posts, or follow the #Listmas tag on Twitter.
Mists of Pandaria has been out for over a year (although, I’ve been playing it for only a couple of months), and Warlords of Draenor is expected by this time next year. So it’s as good a time as any to start setting out goals for things that I still want to see/accomplish/attempt before the next expansion drops! Here are the top five for me.
- Complete all MoP raid instances on LFR (and hopefully Flex!) difficulty. Yeah, I mean, I know this one isn’t all that hard, but it’s something I still want to do! And, ideally, I will do it in a Flex raid so that I can do it with my friends (and maybe actually stand around and watch the cutscenes and understand what the hell is going on.
- Complete the Loremaster of Pandaria achievement. I think I’ve done this for all the other expansions (including getting pre-rearranged Loremaster), and I generally enjoy the questing and lore enough that I’d like to see it through at least once. Not sure if I will try to do it on both Horde and Alliance, but I will do it somewhere!
- Finish leveling my paladin to 90 via Monday Night Instances! This is the reason I’m even playing WoW again, and it’s been really fun. We’re going through every instance on the way from 1 – 90, by pretty much only playing as a group in instances. It’s been a great trip down nostalgia lane, AND I get to play with friends that I haven’t gamed with nearly as much as I would have liked in the last few years. Also, we mostly aren’t all wearing full sets of heirlooms, so sometimes we die.
- Proving Grounds – Specifically, get “You’re Doing it Wrong” The Proving Grounds is, conceptually, one of the cooler things that has been put into the game recently. I love doing difficult solo content in WoW, and I’m glad to have another opportunity to do it. The fact that there’s something extra for, say, doing a tanking challenge as a healer (or a healing challenge as a DPS), is really exciting! I expect it will give me a reason to practice a lot, and maybe even try to pick up some random purpose-focused gear.
- Get a Triceratops mount – I know there are a bunch of these, and one of them appears to be from reputation (and farming rep is always annoying), but I seriously must have one of these. I mean, just look at it!
As always, there are some other things that I want to do, too. Pet Battles are fun, and the Celestial Tournament seems like the logical conclusion of that. There are tons and tons of new mounts and pets to collect, which is always fun! I farmed a thing or two, and it seemed like an easy way to kill a bit of time each day, so I should probably figure out what all is involved. Oh, and now that I’ve committed a bit to a rogue, I am pretty tempted to go farm a blindfold from Illidan!